Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Ok now I really need to come up with more blogging ideas! There is only about 2 weeks of this semester left and I only have 5 blogs done… alright let me try to make this one over 600 words or so, so that way it will make for 2. But of course I could always post an image… I haven’t done that yet. Well any way I’ll just start this blog out with my opinion with the results of last weeks episode of Deadliest Warrior, SWAT vs GSG-9. All I have to say is “God bless America” since the statistics show that our SWAT is deadlier than the German GSG-9. Now tonights episode will be Atila the Hun vs Alexander the great. This should be a good fight, two powerful warlords fighting to the death. I personally have my money on Alexander the great, mainly due to the fact that he had armor. Though it is true that Atila the Hun was amongst the greatest threats to the Roman Empire, but if one were to taqke a good look at their history, you would know that by the time Atila was born, the Roman Empire was already beginning to fade in power. Alexander was ruling at the hight of the Roman power, when they better weapons better tactics and greater numbers. When Atila was around the Romans where not the impressive chariot riders, with bronze and steel weapons like they were during Alexander’s reign. Instead they had poor armor and simple weapons and mainly consisted of men on foot. And I have alredy seen a seek peak of this prarticular episode, where they tested to see how effective Atila’s axe would be against Alexander’s helment… not even a dent. But don’t get me wrong, Atila has more than enough strength and experience to take down the young Alexander, but either way it should be a good fight indeed. Ugh… now what to blog about? … Oh! Demon Hunter is coming to Springfield next week! Oh crap! I still need to get tickets! To those of you who have not heard of Demon Hunter, they’re amongst the greatest Christian Metal bands around… they’ve really impacted my life spirtually. Because I’ve never been a fan of Gospel music, to me Gospel is a little too light for me and in many cases annoying. It sounds like pre-school music. Sure, its great for little kids but for some one like me who invisions himself a warrior of God or a “wolf of God” (hense my blogger name), I want I little something with a little more intensity, something I could work out to, some thing that will give me a sense of pride and courage. The only kind of Gospel music that I can stand, is when it is in the Cherokee language, the language of my ancestors. Even if it was a children’s song like “Jesus loves me”, if I were to hear it in the Cherokee language it (to me anyway) will sound more powerful and more spiritual. Speaking of the Cherokee language, I’m going to need to get back in to studying it. I only know a few phrases and quite a few words but not enough to speak it in long complete sentenses. And I’m just now getting in to reading it and writing it. Any way I really need to find out how much the tickets are for the Demon Hunter concert, I’ve heard they were about $20 from some people and $40 from others. This is first time they’ve been to Springfield, Missouri (or at least I think it is) and I would like to see them in my home town.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I look forward to learning more Cherokee. ~Ms. A.
ReplyDelete